VIDEOS: Gas explosion leaves many dead in Ajao Estate

The explosion that rocked Ajao estate, leaving many persons dead and others injured was caused by a panel beater’s gas.

This was disclosed by the South West Coordinator of the National Emergency Management Agency, Mr. Ibrahim Farinloye.

He revealed that the incident occurred at about 18.58pm today, at a panel beaters workshop near a roll of 12 shops, at Palm groove Estate, Ajao.

Seven shops according to him, were partially affected by the resultant fire. According to Farinloye, ” the explosion occurred while the technician was trying to up his Oxycytelene flame popularly known as cabad’s cylinder.

“The incident led to the death of three persons. Two persons were rescued. One of them was immediately resuscitated while the other is in hospital with severe burns.

READ>>> Commercial motorcyclist bags 20 years imprisonment for testing daughter’s virginity

However, the Director-General/ Chief Executive Officer, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, Dr Olufemi Osanyintolu , said two bodies were retrieved in the debris.

He said:” The agency received distress calls and upon arrival of its officials at the incident scene, investigations revealed that the explosion originated from a shop occupied by a gas refilling business.

“The fire has been extinguished by the combined efforts of LRU fire and Lagos State Fire Service. Two bodies were retrieved within the debris, recovery and retrieval ongoing”.

Leave a Reply